National Center on Educational Outcomes
New Leveraging Briefs Series on Attract, Prepare, Retain Available Now!
The new leverage briefs are the culmination of OSEP’s Attract, Prepare, Retain: Effective Personnel for All Initiative and highlight 13 leverage points covering strategies recognized by various stakeholders as essential to addressing critical shortages in the special education workforce.
The National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) helps students with disabilities, English learners (ELs), and ELs with disabilities by:
- Collecting, analyzing, synthesizing, disseminating, and providing leadership on evidence-based information on inclusive assessments and comprehensive assessment systems.
- Promoting the use of assessments for instructional decision-making purposes.
- Assisting states in their efforts to support districts to improve results.
- Reviewing the participation and performance of students in national and state assessments, including the use of accessibility features and accommodations and alternate assessments.
- Examining national and state practices in reporting assessment information.
- Supporting implementation of U.S. Department of Education accountability systems, including ESEA accountability and IDEA State Systemic Improvement Plans (SSIPs) and State-Identified Measurable Results (SIMRs).
- Bridging general education, special education, English as a Second Language or bilingual education, and other systems as they work to improve results of education for all students.
TA Providers email
District of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
Level of Support
English Language Learners
Measuring Student Growth
Other Specialty Areas: Assessment; Accountability; Accessibility and Accommodations; Alternative Assessments
State Education Agencies
Other Services Provided: Technical assistance on assessment related topics