National Center on Educational Outcomes
OSEP Hosts National Summit and Launches New Attract, Prepare, Retain Resource Page
The 2020 OSEP Summit provided an opportunity by bringing together various stakeholders to explore potential strategies and innovative approaches to address this critical need. The virtual event was held over three days and participants had the opportunity to register for each event individually or attend all three. An archive of the event can be found on the 2020 OSEP National Summit webpage. OSEP also launched a new Attract, Prepare, Retain Resources Page that provides research and resources for stakeholders to explore potential strategies, innovative approaches, and additional resources regarding this topic!
The National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) helps students with disabilities, English learners (ELs), and ELs with disabilities by:
- Collecting, analyzing, synthesizing, disseminating, and providing leadership on evidence-based information on inclusive assessments and comprehensive assessment systems.
- Promoting the use of assessments for instructional decision-making purposes.
- Assisting states in their efforts to support districts to improve results.
- Reviewing the participation and performance of students in national and state assessments, including the use of accessibility features and accommodations and alternate assessments.
- Examining national and state practices in reporting assessment information.
- Supporting implementation of U.S. Department of Education accountability systems, including ESEA accountability and IDEA State Systemic Improvement Plans (SSIPs) and State-Identified Measurable Results (SIMRs).
- Bridging general education, special education, English as a Second Language or bilingual education, and other systems as they work to improve results of education for all students.
TA Providers email
District of Columbia
Northern Mariana Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
Level of Support
English Language Learners
Measuring Student Growth
Other Specialty Areas: Assessment; Accountability; Accessibility and Accommodations; Alternative Assessments
State Education Agencies
Other Services Provided: Technical assistance on assessment related topics