Conveying Our Stories - Displaying Our Data
October 10, 2017
From 1:30 - 3:30 pm ET
OSEP supports States and IDEA discretionary grant investments to improve results for children with disabilities and their families. Effectively sharing and communicating the positive outcomes of such efforts to meet the information needs of different audiences is often challenging. OSEP’s third symposium in the 2017 Symposia Series, “Conveying Our Stories--Displaying Our Data,” focused on how States, districts, and Part D-funded investments can develop engaging stories and effectively use data to improve communication strategies used with stakeholders, leadership, and decision makers. The symposium explored best practices and tips for more impactful and effective communication efforts.
- Information on building an effective dissemination plan; and
- Using infographics and data visualization practices to communicate the meaning of data in a way that is accessible, accurate, and actionable for a variety of stakeholders.
- Using social media to improve outreach, and
- Measuring success using analytic tools.
Archived Meeting Recording & Resources
- Transcript (PDF)
- Symposium Presentation (PowerPoint)
- Q&A (PDF)
- Planning for Effective Communication and Engagement (Link to YouTube Video)
- Three Lessons to Meaningfully Engage Stakeholders (Link to YouTube Video)
- Social Media: New Low-Cost Tools for Effective Outreach (Link to YouTube Video)
Interested in learning more about the Conveying Our Stories - Displaying Our Data Symposium? Use the links below to explore additional resources.