Regional Educational Laboratory Mid-Atlantic
New Leveraging Briefs Series on Attract, Prepare, Retain Available Now!
The new leverage briefs are the culmination of OSEP’s Attract, Prepare, Retain: Effective Personnel for All Initiative and highlight 13 leverage points covering strategies recognized by various stakeholders as essential to addressing critical shortages in the special education workforce.
The Regional Educational Laboratory Mid-Atlantic (REL Mid-Atlantic) is one of 10 research centers funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences to partner with stakeholders in using evidence to improve teaching, learning, and school leadership. REL Mid-Atlantic translates research to practice in partnership with policymakers and practitioners in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Based on regional needs they provide training, coaching, and technical support to help apply high-quality evidence to education improvement initiatives. The lab also conducts, applies, and disseminates research and research-based technical assistance in collaboration with stakeholders in the region to promote continuous improvement of educational practice.
Based on the input from the region the work takes many forms:
- Partnerships and alliances are formed and evolve
- Conduct research studies to answer pressing questions for stakeholders in the region
- Publications are released based on research studies conducted
- Coaching and technical support workshops are collaborative activities conducted with stakeholders
- Events are designed and supported to meet the needs of the region
- Tools are developed through the work with stakeholders
- Ask A REL responses are provided to inquiries from the region
Brian Gill, Ph.D., J.D.
TA Providers email
District of Columbia
Level of Support
Alternative Routes to Certification
Career and Technical Education
Early Childhood Educators
Early Childhood Leadership
Evidence Based Practices
Measuring Student Growth
Multi-tiered Systems of Support
Social and Emotional Learning
Teacher Mentoring and Induction
State Education Agencies