2021 OSEP Leadership & Project Directors Conference Information
OSEP will hold its Leadership and Project Directors’ Conference virtually July 19 – 22, 2021. This year’s conference will combine OSEP’s bi-annual Leadership and Project Directors’ conferences. Sessions that are applicable to Leadership Conference and Project Directors’ Conference audiences will be offered. Registration will be opening soon! To learn more about the conference CLICK HERE
Career Resources for Future Doctorates in Early Intervention, Special Education and Related Services
Current doctoral candidates in early intervention, special education and related services are preparing to be university professors, researchers, policy makers, educational administrators, and advocates. Success in these roles demands a unique combination of knowledge and skills attained through coursework and hands-on experience in research, teaching, and leadership. The Office of Special Education Programs, U.S. Department of Education (OSEP) has launched a new initiative to provide information on opportunities and resources that can assist doctoral students to become effective future leaders in early intervention, special education and related services.
Supporting the Next Generation of Leaders in Special Education
OSEP recognizes that it is only through the efforts of our next generation of leaders that we can expect outcomes for infants, toddlers, children and youth with disabilities and their families to continue to improve.
The Future Leaders Initiative
We expect this initiative to evolve over time to suit the needs of scholars and faculty and to address changes in early intervention, special education, and related services' policies and practices. Currently, the OSEP Future Leaders Initiative expects to assist scholars by:
- sharing information on opportunities and resources that have the potential to expand their knowledge and skills in research, teaching, and leadership;
- providing job related information; and
- facilitating connections to other professionals serving infants, toddlers, children and youth with disabilities and their families.
The Future Leaders resource page contains web-based resources on the following topics:
- Grant Writing
- Funding Opportunities
- Databases of Federally Funded Grants
- Large or Longitudinal Databases - Training and Datasets
- Resources to Support the Research Process
- Standards for Evaluating Research
- Career Resources
- Measuring Educator Effectiveness
- Sustaining and Scaling Up Projects; Lessons Learned
- Finding and Supporting Collaborative Work