Federal Resources for Stakeholders
2021 OSEP Leadership & Project Directors Conference Information
OSEP will hold its Leadership and Project Directors’ Conference virtually July 19 – 22, 2021. This year’s conference will combine OSEP’s bi-annual Leadership and Project Directors’ conferences. Sessions that are applicable to Leadership Conference and Project Directors’ Conference audiences will be offered. Registration will be opening soon! To learn more about the conference CLICK HERE
Who is the audience for these resources?
OSEP stakeholders include, but are not limited to, children with disabilities and their families, educators, local and State educational agency staff, researchers, and policymakers.
What is in included in the Federal Resources for Stakeholders section?
Follow the links posted on the right side of the page to view:
- College- and Career-Readiness Standards (CCRS) and students with disabilities
- CCRS are rigorous academic standards that build from kindergarten through 12th grade to support students’ preparation and success upon graduation from high school. This section of the website contains comprehensive information and resources for teachers and families of students with disabilities to support students academically, as well as with regard to social, emotional and behavioral skills.
- Tool Kits
- In this section you can access the archived "Tool Kit on Universal Design for Learning (UDL)," the "Tool Kit on Teaching and Assessing Students with Disabilities," and the "Tool Kit on Teaching and Assessing Students with Disabilities – Parent Materials."
- Topical Issues in Education
- Considerations of children with disabilities and their families with regards to: Disproportionality and Equity, English Learners, and Family Engagement.
- Intervention IDEAs Briefs
- In this section, you can access briefs that provide information on interventions to address academic and behavioral challenges in infants, toddlers, children, and youth impacted by fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD), lead exposure, and opioids.
- New Resources Library
- Browse and filter highlighted materials from OSEP-funded centers and the U.S. Department of Education. This library was started in 2016 - check back regularly for updates!
Where can I find information on Federal education policies, rules, or regulations?
- U.S. Department of Education's IDEA Website
- Information to assist stakeholders in navigating the rules and regulations of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- U.S. Department of Education's special page dedicated to Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) is the current reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), and represents the nation’s commitment to educational opportunity for all children. ESSA replaces the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act. This link goes to the U.S. Department of Education's informational page on ESSA and what it means for education in America.
- OSEP GRADS360° website.
- This website is maintained by the Monitoring and State Improvement Planning Division (MSIP) division of OSEP. It provides resources pertaining to States’ compliance with IDEA, including archives of each State’s annual State Performance Plan/Annual Performance Report (SPP/APR) and technical assistance resources to support States in meeting their SPP.