If you'd like to know whether your website, media or literature meets the Federal Government's standards for accessibility, you can review these sources below for guidance:
Checklists and Guidance for Assessing Word, PowerPoint, and Excel Documents
- Word document layout and formatting requirements. Download Word Checklist.
- PowerPoint document instructional information for ensuring your media is 508 compliant. Download Guidance.
- Checklist for assessing elements in Excel documents. Download Excel Checklist.
Guidelines and Resources for Developing 508 Compliant PDFs, Websites, and other Media
NEW Resource - An Introductory Guide and Resources for Creating Accessible Documents and Presentation Materials
This guide is designed to help users create accessible presentations and materials and includes links to
various video tutorials and supports.
Everything You Need to Know About PDF Accessibility
NetCentric has developed a guidance document listing accessibility requirements as determined by the
Federal Government and additional resources for where to learn more.
Web Aim: Designing for Screen Compatibility
- Tutorials on optimizing content for screen reader compatibility.
- Web Aim: Alternative Text
Tutorials on creating alternative text for website images.
- The World Wide Web Consortium(W3C):Web Accessibility Standards
Information about website development standards as they relate to accessibility.