Who is the audience for these pages?
The program area pages were created to support OSEP grantees in conducting their work;
Click on the links in the toolbar on the right to access information and resources for each program area, including performance measures and Annual Performance Report (APR) packages.
What are the OSEP Program Areas?
As authorized by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) supports discretionary grants improve results for infants, toddlers, children and youth with disabilities. These grants are organized into seven program areas, each with specific purposes and performance measures.
If you are an OSEP grantee and do not know what your program area is, you can check your grant information against the CFDAs listed below or contact your project officer.
- State Personnel Development Grant Program (CFDA 84.323, IDEA Part D)
- Personnel Development to Improve Services and Results for Children with Disabilities (CFDA 84.325, IDEA Part D)
- Technical Assistance and Dissemination to Improve Services and Results for Children with Disabilities (CFDA 84.326, IDEA Part D)
- Educational Technology, Media, and Materials for Individuals with Disabilities (CFDA 84.327, IDEA Part D)
- Training and Information for Parents of Children with Disabilities (CFDA 84.328, IDEA Part D)
- Technical Assistance on State Data Collection (CFDA 84.373, IDEA Part B)
- Promoting the Readiness of Minors in Supplemental Security Income (PROMISE, CFDA 84.418)