National Center on Educational Outcomes
The National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) helps students with disabilities, English learners (ELs), and ELs with disabilities by:
- Collecting, analyzing, synthesizing, disseminating, and providing leadership on evidence-based information on inclusive assessments and comprehensive assessment systems.
- Promoting the use of assessments for instructional decision-making purposes.
- Assisting states in their efforts to support districts to improve results.
- Reviewing the participation and performance of students in national and state assessments, including the use of accessibility features and accommodations and alternate assessments.
- Examining national and state practices in reporting assessment information.
- Supporting implementation of U.S. Department of Education accountability systems, including ESEA accountability and IDEA State Systemic Improvement Plans (SSIPs) and State-Identified Measurable Results (SIMRs).
- Bridging general education, special education, English as a Second Language or bilingual education, and other systems as they work to improve results of education for all students.
Director(s): Martha Thurlow
TA Providers Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- English Language Learners
- Measuring Student Growth
- State Education Agencies
Level of SupportTiered
Other Services Provided: Technical assistance on assessment related topics
Other Specialty Areas: Assessment; Accountability; Accessibility and Accommodations; Alternative Assessments