Regional Educational Laboratory Appalachia
Regional Educational Laboratory Appalachia (REL AP) serves educators in Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. To address the priorities and interests of these states, REL AP works in partnership with school districts, state departments of education, and others to use data and research to improve academic outcomes for students.
REL AP works to bridge the worlds of education research and education practice. REL AP offers various supports to the collaborative research partnerships and other stakeholder groups in the Appalachia region:
1. Applied research studies and studies in progress that address partnerships' research questions.
2. Training, coaching, and technical support such as survey, interview, or observation protocol development, literature reviews, or tool development.
3. Workshops and coaching that support the use of data and research.
4. Ask A REL annotated bibliographies produced in response to stakeholder research questions.
Director(s): Deborah Jonas, Ph.D, Director
- 21st Century Skills
- Career and Technical Education
- Educator Effectiveness
- Educator Retention
- English Language Learners
- Evidence Based Practices
- Family Engagement
- Measuring Student Growth
- Multi-tiered Systems of Support
- Response to Intervention
- School Climate
- School Mental Health
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Transitions (from grade to grade)
- School Districts
- State Education Agencies
- Assessment Tools
- Content Expertise
- Convening Stakeholders
Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia
Level of SupportIntensive
Other Specialty Areas: Dual Enrollment Courses